The Agricultural Act of 2014
- Summary of Key Provisions
- Full bill text, statement of managers, bill summary and CBO score
- FSA Farm Bill Page
COMMODITY TITLE PROGRAMS
- NEW 10-31-16 – Commodity Certificates can be exchanged for marketing assistance loan (MAL) collateral beginning with the 2015 crop year. Marketing loan gains realized through the use of a Commodity Certificate are not subject to the Title I farm program payment limitation.
- Simplifying Farm Program Decisions – Key Points – presentation by Lola Raska at MGGA Convention Dec 3, 2014.
- 2014 Farm Bill: ARC – PLC Programs in Montana. MSU farm bill information.
ARC / PLC DECISION TOOLS
- MGGA Commodity Title Calculator – Updated 10/24/14. For wheat and barley, for demonstration purposes only. Member login required.
- National Coalition for Producer Education/University of Illinois — Agriculture Policy Analysis System – released 9/25/14. This tool aids in yield updating, acre reallocation and the ARC-PLC decision.
- National Association for Agriculture and Food Policy/Agricultural and Food Policy Center — Decision Aids – released 9/25/14. Tools include yield update, base acre reallocation and PLC/ARC decision aid.
- 2014 Government Program and Crop Insurance Decision Tool – instructional tool in spreadsheet format created by KSU and OSU departments of ag economics.
CROP INSURANCE PROGRAMS
- RMA Farm Bill Page – find more information on new crop insurance provisions including the Supplemental Coverage Option (SCO), HEL and wetland conservation compliance requirements, beginning farmer benefits for crop insurance and native sod restrictions.
- Supplemental Coverage Option
CONSERVATION TITLE PROGRAMS
USDA Quick Links
- Disaster Assistance Programs
- Payment Eligibility – find information on actively engaged, adjusted gross income (AGI), conservation compliance and payment limitations
- Farm Loan Programs
- Price Support Programs – LDP, PCP and commodity loan rates
- Conservation Stewardship Program
- USDA 2014 Farm Bill information page
- Montana FSA
- Montana NRCS
- Montana Ag Statistics
- Risk Management Agency
Environmental Protection Agency Regulations